Sunday 10 April 2016

Don't be scared of the Overshare or the Over, Over Share :)


For that matter, don't be scared to say how you feel, how your day is really going or if you may have just set your world on fire and are now officially screwed.

I am not saying this because I want to know your secrets. I say this because each time you share, really share,
 some one else is thinking "Thank fuck for you, I am not the only one!".

Every time I write a personal story or crap fest on my blog, I cringe and then I think "good, if i am embarrassed or worried, It means it is real, I am not pretending."

Take it a step further, be real on social media. I don't care what filter, what brand, or what colour code the horse shit is... its still horse shit.

I dont give a shit about the latest meme, I care that you are ok.  I care that I am not so ok and maybe one of you is the same and we can talk and laugh and be a bit better. I care that I feel like since I have shared more of myself, more people have my back.

Thank you.

Here is a list of things I am happy/proud about.

Please share things you are happy/proud about too. One day I will get the balls to share things I am not proud of, but today is not that day.

1. My kids, They aren't perfect, but they are pretty cool and a lot weird which make me happy.
2. This blog. I can write, never realised I wanted too until recently
3. I am a pretty good problem solver. Not the paper quiz type but the "how do we pay our mortgage this month", "we only have $20 bucks till payday" kind of problem solver.
4. I am easy going. If Dave wants to play golf every weekend, if the kids want to stay in their pyjamas all day doing interpretive dance, I'm ok with it. I do go pyscho and think "what the F**" but not all the time, maybe not even some of the time.
5. I am strong. Stronger than I seem, stronger than I can show. This last couple of months has proven that to me. I may one day still face a tougher time than I have recently, but I have gotten through this, I can get through that. It will all be ok. I really believe that now.
6, I am middle of the road. Being the "Jack of all trades" and the master of none is something I wear with pride. Bring on the next chapter, the next adventure, the next choice. I am free to choose randomly. The better and more extreme you are about something, the smaller your choices.
7. I have good boobs ... :-)

Share and Over share alike people.

1 comment: