Thursday 26 May 2016

Can I help you?


Recently, I felt like I had let some people down. I'm not going into the nitty gritty, It's not solely my story to tell, however I can tell you how I felt. Guilty, sad and slightly paralyzed. As in, the more I worried, the less I could do.

When I finally got around to thanking the people, the people who did all the things I couldn't, and apologizing. This is what they said:

"You are doing a glorious job, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do. Right now it wasn't your turn. One day, there will be someone or something. At that time you will be able to help, you will be in the position to do all the things you wished you could have done now. It will not only help them but it will help you. When that chance comes, take it".

Just like that, I went from feeling like a failure and thinking that others thought the same, to feeling loved and happy. One massive act of kindness changed my mindset completely to the point, now, where I am looking forward to having the opportunity to help in the future, whomever and whenever that may be, instead of being weighed down by all of the crap in my head.

This is something I can do. Write about kindness and hope that it inspires some in the world today.



Sometimes a kind word or gesture is you need.

1 comment: