Thursday 3 March 2016

Bitch Slap by Email



Yesterday, I missed Brianna, my youngest daughter, receiving an award at assembly. The school didn't have my correct phone number, and so I missed the message that it was happening.

Rather than accept the fact that I had stuffed up by forgetting to give the school my new number, I sent an email, a really shitty email.

You know the type I mean, where you don't even take a breath the whole time and you hit send before your brain even knows what the hell is going on. I laid the guilt trip on pretty thick too.

I sent it to the Principal and anyone else I could find in the school address book.

It must have been a doozy of an email because at 10pm last night I get a response from the Principal. Not only is she very sorry, she offered to re-present the certificate at the next assembly.

So, basically, my email had the power to essentially turn back time. Oops ....

At this stage, I had well an truly calmed down. Brianna was super chuffed with herself and as long as her Sister saw her (which she did) she didn't really give a stuff whether I was there or not.

So, I had  to draft and send the "back-peddle, I am very sorry, eating humble pie" email back. I may have also booked a meeting with the Teacher and the Principal, which I will now have to either cancel or explain.... gees, over react much????

Let me be a lesson, breathe before you send people, breathe before you send!




No comments:

Post a Comment