Wednesday 2 March 2016

Know Your Neighbours?


I'm all for a quick "hello, hows it going?" with my neighbours, but I have to be honest. I don't really want to take it any further than that.

That makes me a shitty neighbour,  But I like my home time, quiet time, walking around in my crappy t'shirt and wine time. You guys know this. To do these crazy "me time" things requires a little privacy.

Im also pritty sure that they have heard me when I've lost my shit and yelled at the girls, so they may treat me like a wild bear and avoid me outright anywway.

They are a mixed bag. Our neighbourhood is a mixed bag.

One of our neighbours is a sweet old 90 year old lady, who I do like to chat with.

A few houses down we have the local druggie house. In the 7 years we have lived in our house, we have had about a dozen drunken incidents. One time a guy ran down the street brandishing a machete, another time a young woman jumped our fence to avoid her raging boyfriend. Another time we have had people swearing at us through our front door becuse we wouldnt call them a taxi. We know when they have gone to jail because it gets really peacefull.

One Christmas, a neighbour arrived on our doorstep. Swaying and slurring, she explained that she had made us cookies. I reluctantly let her in. While she was in the hallway, she tried to toungue kiss Dave, my husband. He no longer does yard work shirtless :)

Funnily enough, I think that neighbour
enjoys her crappy t'shirt and wine time too.

We avoid eye contact when taking out our bins.....



No comments:

Post a Comment