Monday 21 March 2016

I Want To Leave A Pile Of Nothing


We have been back for 2.5 months. I am already searching for the next "thing". The next big adventure or move.
We are in absoloutley no position to do ANYTHING but I look and dream anyway. I am no longer able to just be content with what we had. I am not looking to aquire new things but more new experiences.
I am now an "exciting life" junkie. It is going to be a while down the track, but it will happen again, because so far it has happened anyway, but now I am behind the steering wheel.

Its been 2 months since Mum died, to the day. The "things" she had didn't matter, and amounted to quite a small pile at the end of the day. It didnt bother me though, because what mattered to her was the fact she could see trees and hills from her hospital bed. What mattered to her was the taste of the Orange juice after days of fasting. What mattered to her were her "babies". If Mum could have written a book about her life, it would have been 1000 times more interesting than anything I have written in this blog. I wish now I could have written them for her. Nothing matters more than family and the time we spend together.... at the moment I would like that to be in a range of exotic places. I hope the pile I leave behind one day is tiny.




1 comment:

  1. I agree. The "pile" left has nothing to do with how you lived your life. Life was made to be LIVED - that is the charge placed on everyone. The journeys to whatever destination are different for everyone but we all need to do the best we can to achieve that destination by the most appropriate journey. But be kind and helpful to all you meet. That is all that really matters in the end.

    ReplyDelete